Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Get Inspired: 70s Themed Rooms

On my quest to make my apartment 70s-esque, I've been scouring the Internet for vintage 70s room...from the 70s. Yeah, 70s! Let me say this one more time: The 70s!

Here, have some eye candy:




The Halloween Capital of the World
In case no one is aware, which is probably all of you, I just so happen to live in Anoka, Minnesota, a.k.a. The Halloween Capital of the World. Check it out, it actually is. This place gets absolutely festive during the Fall, right up until the 31st, with big parades, events and even a 5K run, where all the runners dress up in their best costumes.

Up until the 31st, I'll be posting pictures of vintage items from previous Halloween events in this great city, so stay tuned. They've been celebrating Halloween for about a century, so there's a lot of vintage stuff to be found.

Oh, and I also really love Halloween (Christmas is overrated!), so my ugly mug might make an appearance here. I'm trying to decide if I should dress as an Orc (that's right, I play WoW) or wear a generic leather costume, but that got me plenty of inappropriate stares the last time I did that.

1 comment:

  1. Boy if I had kept all that stuff we had I'd be a rich lady!

    ReplyDelete